Welcome to 6Sided. This is our quickstart guide which will explain what we offer, and how you can join the community.
The 6sided site contains several different areas:
1. Blogs. Members can create a blog and have their own myblog.6sided.net web address for people to visit. For more details on using blogs and their features please click here.
2. Directory. Anyone can add their site. blog or forum to our directory. The directory is aimed at being a growing resource for gamers to visit to find sites of interest. To visit the directory click here.
3. Download store. You can purchase pdf versions of rulesets from our download store. You can checkout securely using Paypal and then download your purchase instantly. Rule writers can also add their items to our store. Click here to visit the download store and click here if you would like to sell wargames rules on 6Sided.
4. Affiliates area. By referring people to 6sided’s download store you can earn 20% per sale. To learn more and to join please click here.
5. Galleries. We have our own gallery feature called MiniPics. Members can quickly upload photo’s to albums, just like on Flickr. Other members can then comment on your photo’s. Sharing your photo’s via the MiniPics page is a great way to show off your miniatures and inspire other wargamers. Click here to go to the MiniPics homepage, or click here for specific help on using MiniPics.
6. Activity streams. Just like facebook, all your own activity and all site activity is contained in “streams”. By clicking on the Activity link you can view all the latest activity on 6Sided – blog posts, blog comments, MiniPic uploads and comments and status updates (where a member can share their thoughts just like onFacebook). Click here to view the activity stream.
Using Your 6Sided Account.
So now you understand what 6Sided offers, here is a really quick guide to using your account. You can log in via the grey menu at the top of every page of the site (and from every blog in the network), or on the homepage you can log in using the box provided.
To use your blog (if you create one at sign-up), you can access your “dashboard” from the box on the homepage. All the social, account and profile features, and MiniPics gallery uploading, are available from the dropdown menu right at the top of every page, as well as on the pages in your profile. The image below shows the top menu and the box on the homepage locations.
You can edit all your account settings by clicking on the “My Account” dropdown menu. Hovering your mouse over each menu item will show a sub-menu with all available options.
All options for MiniPics are under the “Gallery” options within your user menu:
Setting up your account for privacy, change your profile, change passwords etc.
To set-up or change your account settings, from the “My Account” dropdown menu select “Settings”. You will see this page:
As you can see from the above image, the settings page contains links to change all aspects of your profile. Importantly, this page is where you set up notifications for what you would like to receive via email (for example to receive an email telling you someone has commented on your MiniPics gallery).
Your settings page is also where you set you message privacy options:
You are in complete control of the messages you receive. You can select to receive PM’s from any site member, only members you have agreed to be friends with, or only from a list of allowed senders. If you don’t add anyone to the list and select “custom” then nobody can send you messages. You Can also add usernames to a banned users list, which means that they cannot send you a PM, even if you allow all members to contact you.
Not a member of 6sided yet? Click the button below to get involved!